Cassie

Cassie
Cassie - made in 2007.

Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

2 new quilt tops almost done.

Had a nice week sewing and managed to put together two new quilt tops. For kids; a funny baby quilt top, throw, or wall hanging. Not sure what it will end up being. Either way it ends up it's just the cutest and funnest fabric to work with. Just need to quilt it and bind it.

The 2nd quilt I purchased the kit on sale at The Fabric Cafe, called Snowvball Quilt and it is in pinks and yellow. I have to say I don't normally have trouble with instructions, but this one ugH!, gave me some trouble. It was not as clear to me as it should have been. Although in the end it seemed to have come together pretty well. A few errors that will cover up well with quilting. Oh and just enough fabric to make the top, no mistakes allowed. I did manage to cut it out and fudge some triangles. I don't usually give advice to quilters more experienced than me but I may have to write them and tell them where I had trouble interpreting thier instructions. Maybe it will help someone who is just learning to quilt and follow instructions.

Here is a pic of it up to the 2nd set of borders, which I am still sewing together. When it all done I am sure it will be beautiful and some little girl will cherish it. At least I hope so.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment